The Genesis Framework is included with your theme purchase. This theme requires the Genesis Framework in order to work.
You can install the Genesis Framework through the upload feature in the WordPress dashboard. When you’re finished, you can repeat these steps to install a child theme.
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
2. Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
3. Click the Upload Theme button at the top of the new page.
4. Click the Choose File button and find the file for your theme on your computer. The file will typically be named with the name of the theme and have an ending of .zip (example: genesis.zip or ivorie-theme.zip).
5. Click the Install Now button once you have selected the theme file for upload.
On the next screen, you will see three links:
Live Preview will give you a preview of your site with your own, existing content.
Activate will apply the theme to your live website.
Return to Themes page will take you to the Appearance > Themes page.
6. After installing the Genesis Framework, click the Return to Themes page. Follow these steps again to install and activate your theme.
After you’ve installed both the Genesis Framework and your theme, you’re ready to activate the new theme. It is not necessary to activate the Genesis Framework theme as it will run quietly in the background. Be sure the Genesis Framework is installed before you activate a child theme.
For more info on the Genesis Framework, see A Beginner’s Guide to the Genesis Framework for WordPress.